This cream is fairly oily, but works well as a face cream and it does not contain any chemicals
Basic Skin Cream
15 g yellow beeswax
120 ml almond oil
30 ml distilled water or rosewater or orange flower water
4 – 6 drops of essential oil of your choice
1. Melt the beeswax with the oil in the top of an enamel double boiler or heat-proof basin over a pan of simmering water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the distilled water in another basin over a pan of simmering water until it has warmed. There is no need to be too precise about temperature, but blood heat is about right.
3. Begin to add the warm distilled water, drop by drop at first, to the oil and wax, beating with a rotary whisk, balloon whisk or an electric food mixer at the lowest speed.
4. After you have mixed about two teaspoonfuls of the water into the oil and wax, remove from the heat and continue adding the water a little at a time until you have incorporated it all.
5. As soon as the mixture begins to set, stir in the essences.
6. Divide the mixture into little sterilized glass pots and cover tightly.
Note: The mixture may separate at times, but this can be due to not beating it correctly. You may also consider storing it in the fridge to prevent separation.