Richard has moved from the premises at 89 Andries Pretorius Street to 12 Birkenhead Road. His new premises offer a tranquil environment in a lovely wooden cabin.
What is Body Stress Release?
- Body Stress Release offers a gentle and effective way to help your body to release stored tension from the muscles i.e. ‘body stress’
- Body Stress Release works with your body’s natural desire to be stress-free. Clients are often amazed that such a gentle technique can be so effective in relieving their aches and pains.
- While you are lying down, fully clothed, your practitioner tests your body for stored tension. Then, by applying a gentle and precise pressure to the affected areas, your body is encouraged to ‘release’ the tension. This stored tension may be the cause of the discomfort you are experiencing including: backache, neck pain, headaches, sciatica and cramp.
- Body Stress Release is a complementary health technique that was researched and developed in South Africa in the 1980’s by Gail and Ewald Meggersee and is now practised worldwide.
Body stress is a powerful factor in all our lives and can undermine our health and well-being in many ways. Every day we are exposed to different types of stress:
- Mechanical – such as an injury, strain or bad posture
- Chemical – such as air pollutants, additives and colourants in food, harmful chemicals in everyday products
- Mental or emotional stress
Our bodies are designed to adapt to these stresses in a positive way but sometimes we find ourselves overloaded by stress. In an effort to cope with this overload, the body stores the stress in the muscles. This is what we call “body stress”.
Body stress can lead to pain, stiffness, postural distortion, numbness and cramp. Tension in the muscles can put pressure on your nerves which disturbs your body’s communication system. This reduces the efficiency of your body’s natural self-healing ability.