The Historic Folklore of Thieves Oil
According to the long-told historic tale…. The use of thieves oil dates all the way back to the year 1413. The time of the infamous Bubonic Plague (aka The Black Death) that devastated a large portion of France. The Black Death spread like wild-fire amongst the citizens, and the doctors alike. It seemed impossible to be in the vicinity without contracting it, and at the time, the sickness really did mean ultimate demise.
During this time, however, four thieves were captured and charged for stealing from the sick and dying. The thieves never contracted the plague, despite the close contact with the Black-Death victims.
At this time, the crime these 4 men committed was punishable by burning alive. The judge was so intrigued by how these men had stayed immune to this terrible disease, that he told them if they shared their secret he would spare them of this punishment.
The Thieves told the judge their secret: they were perfume & spice merchants who were unemployed due to the closure of the sea ports and the devastation of the plague. They had prepared an essential oil recipe that when applied to their hands, ears, temples, feet & a mask over their mouths, kept them safe from infection. The judge stayed true to his word. The men were not burned alive, but instead they were hanged for their crimes.
Uses for Thieves Oil
- Cuts or open wounds
- Gargle and swallow for a sore throat.
- Apply to upper chest and throat for chest tightness.
- Put a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth for a headache.
- For skin blemishes, apply to the skin diluted with V-6 Massage Oil.
- Put a couple drops directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu.
- Diffuse in your home
- Breathe in the vapours when you have lung congestion.
- Use to clean pet cages.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
- Add several drops to your mop water for cleaner floors.
- Dilute with water to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
- Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels.
- Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
- Apply to gums to keep gums healthy.
- Apply orally to maintain healthy teeth.
- Apply a drop or two to gums and teeth for pain relief from toothaches.
- Diffuse15-30 minutes daily in homes or business to solve smells and germs.
- Add 1 drop to orange juice and drink to reduce phlegm and congestion.
- Apply to broken bones or joints with V-6 for pain relief and to heal.
- Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavour and to maintain health.
- Put on the tip of your tongue to help you stop smoking.
- Put on cold sores to help heal.
- For warts: apply topically
- Rub on sore joints to relieve pain.
- Rub 2 drops on the bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school every day.
- Diffuse in the house as your children come home from school every day.
- Mix 2-4 drops with Coconut Oil and rub on daily for relief of shingle pain.
- Apply a drop around a wound of a cat or dog to clear it up.
- Diffuse in the home or office to stimulate a cheerful mood.
- Diffuse in the office to increase concentration and work efficiency.
- Diffuse in your place of business to ward off the germs.
- Diffuse in the classroom to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
- Put a few drops in your carpet steamer to disinfect carpet
- Breathe and apply for sinus headaches.
- Put a drop on a pimple to make it shrink and disappear.
- For the loss of voice, put a drop under your tongue
- Inhale for the relief of allergy symptoms..
- Carry a bottle on every flight to protect you from germs on the plane.
- Put a few drops on a tissue, place near the heat/AC vents of a hotel to rid it of airborne germs.
- Apply one drop on an infected wound of a cat or dog to clear it up.
- Mix several drops with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
- Apply to the toes and feet to combat foot fungus.
Cost: R100 per 30 ml bottle excl delivery
To order your 30 ml bottle of Thieves Oil, please click on the link below.